dyk

    Social Items

Injury forces Ross out of world championships

Injury forces Ross out of world championships

إصابة لوري روس

Laurenne Ross will only watch today as U.S. teammate Lindsey Vonn competes in the final Alpine race of her storied career.
“Thursday morning, while warming up for the training run,” Ross, a Klamath Union graduate, wrote in a Facebook post, “I crashed and sustained a concussion and left-knee injury. My knee doesn’t need surgery, but it is time for some rest for both my body and my head.”
That means no downhill race today in the world championships in Are, Sweden.
“Unfortunately, this means I … likely will be out for the remainder of the season.
“Although this injury is not ‘severe,’ it is incredibly disheartening,” Ross wrote. “I’ve had such a good feeling on my skis over the last month, and have felt like things were coming together on and off the hill.
“It’s been almost two years since my last knee injury, and I was finally starting to ski like myself, again — with drive, hunger and without an overwhelming amount of fear or doubt. This moment is a bit or a reality check.”
Ross wrote that she landed hard on her face.
“Nothing like a good, snowy-mountain slap,” she wrote.
“I don’t know what the future holds, but what I do know is that I won’t let this injury stop me from standing back up again. From continuing to dream. From helping me grow into the person I was meant to be.
“Although it won’t be in the capacity I’d hoped, I’ll be there for Lindsey’s last race,” she wrote, “and last finish hug. I’m so grateful that I’ll be able to be there, and grateful for the journey that got me here. Thanks for all the love and support.”
Ross did compete in the super-G early in the week, which made five world championship competitions she has been able to compete in, along with appearances in the 2014 Sochi, Russia, and 2018 Pyeongchang, South Korea, Olympic Games.

source :https://www.heraldandnews.com/klamath/injury-forces-ross-out-of-world-championships/article_01ab157c-cbcf-52f6-ade3-f5aac65420d2.html

ليست هناك تعليقات